Most of us have considered just how magnificent the human body is. Of course it has its limitations, and it is only meant to be an impermanent dwelling for us. Nevertheless, consider how fantastic it is, despite its temporary use.
- With the 60,000 miles of blood vessels inside the average human body, you could circumnavigate Earth two and a half times.
- Nerve impulses travel to and from the brain at speeds of up to 250 miles per hour, faster than a Formula 1 race car.
- The human brain can read up to 1,000 words per minute.
- Inside your belly button are thousands of bacteria that form an ecosystem the size of an entire rainforest.
- When in love, the human brain releases the same cocktail of neurotransmitters and hormones that are released by amphetamines. This leads to increased heart rate, loss of appetite and sleep, and intense feelings of excitement.
- An adult is made up of 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (7 octillion) atoms. For perspective, there’s a ‘measly’ 300,000,000,000 (300 billion) stars in our galaxy.
- Our muscles are actually incredibly more powerful than they appear to be. Human strength is limited to protect our tendons and muscles from harming themselves. This limitation can be removed during an adrenaline rush, during which some people have lifted boulders or even cars off themselves.
- A full head of human hair is strong enough to support 12 tonnes, (2205 pounds).
- Human bone is as strong as granite. A block of bone the size of a matchbox could support nine tonnes of weight.
- If the human brain were a computer, it could perform 38 thousand-trillion operations per second. The world’s most powerful supercomputer, Blue Gene, can manage only .002% of that.
- The focusing muscles in your eyes move around 100,000 times a day. To give your leg muscles the same workout, you’d need to walk 50 miles.
- For every pound of fat or muscle gained, your body creates seven miles of new blood vessels.
- Loneliness is physically painful. Just as you have a drive to avoid physical pain, you have a similarly powerful drive to connect with others and seek companionship – in order to avoid the pain of loneliness.
- Your body produces 25 million new cells each second. Every 13 seconds, you produce more cells than there are people in the United States.
- In one day, your blood travels 12,000 miles around your body. That’s four times the distance across the US from coast-to-coast.
In consideration of these amazing facts, along with the things we know about our earth and universe, our animal kingdom, and so on…how can anyone say there is no “Supreme Being” out there who designed it all?
The explanations we are given by man about evolution, the “Big Bang,” and the origin of species, as alternate explanation of who we are and how we got here just doesn’t measure up. They are always discovering things which God already knows and used in designing His world and all that is in and around it!
I know in whom I place my faith and destiny, and it has nothing to do with man’s testimonies! As I live more of life, I am further convinced that science has its place…as it continues to prove God’s hand was in everything on this planet and in the skies above. He controls all things each moment and watches over everything in the heavens and on earth.
What’s more, He has given us all of the blessings we are and have, plus He promises us even far more wonders in heaven. What does the evolutionist offer us at death?
Refs: ~distractify.com~ Google~ biblehub.com~