Well, so many Americans believe we have two very weak candidates, (four actually, to be precise), to choose from for P.O.T.U.S.
I am one who is in this mix, and this mess, with the great majority. We have hacked away for years now at “freeing” ourselves of the teachings, liberties, and commands of the Lord God, replacing them with the worldly pursuits of man.
It reminds me of the scripture we find in (Proverbs 14:12), which says:
But this is another topic for another time…
For some reason, in considering how mighty the Lord God is, yet pondering how far removed we are from His teachings, I just began to contemplate the question I have asked:
Could God be elected President of the United States today? Would He be a viable candidate running on the platform of His commands for us? Well, let’s see here:
- God does believe in “inclusion,” He loves all people. However, He would expect many folks to cease living the way they do and follow His Godly way of life.
- God stands for heterosexual relationships.
- God is pro-life and is against abortion.
- God asks that we worship Him in fellowship each first day of the week.
- God wants us to put Him first in our lives.
- God is against sex except in a marital relationship.
- God wants us to love our enemies and do good to those who do evil to us.(However, I don’t believe He has any problems with us protecting ourselves from the likes of terrorists and all of the sworn enemies of our country).
- God is against those who knowingly and willfully lie or deceive or cheat others.
- God created man to be the leader of the family, with the woman as his equal, but in a “helping” role…(Ouch, this one cuts deeply into the “worldly idealism”).
- God wants us to put others interests ahead of our own and treat people as we want to be treated ourselves.
- God would expect all illegal aliens of every type to make themselves legal immediately or return to their homeland until they could enter the U.S.A. properly.
Well, what do you think so far? Is the Almighty God someone the voters would have as the leader of the greatest nation on earth? The real truth is that He already is, in fact He is in charge of everything that happens in all the heavens and on the entire earth!
However, God will not force anyone to follow His commands. He has given us free will to believe in Him or not…to follow Him or not. But for those who choose to come to him, He expects it to be a decision made directly from the heart.
And in being such a sincere decision to follow Him, we should want to be more like Him. This comes from believing and following His way of life as He has designed it for us. All things He has asked us to do are actually for our good, and will lead us to live a happier and more fulfilling life on earth as we seek goodness, love, and humility hoping for heaven with Him.
But I still wonder how God would do among voters in America. If you wish to weigh in on this notion, please do so; but be sure to use a respectful tone. After all, we are speaking of the most gracious and powerful being in existence!